"Importance of Language"
"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." ..
Language development is the process by which learners come to understand and communicate language during early childhood.
The child will begin to use language to tease and tell jokes. They might laugh at silly or made-up words. And at this age, the child will begin to use language in role play. For example, they can pretend to be 'mummies' and copy their mother's tone and words.
Language development refers to learner's emerging abilities to understand and use language. Emerging literacy refers to the knowledge and skills that lay the foundation for reading and writing. .. For infants and toddlers, emerging literacy is embedded in the Language and Communication domain.
It supports the ability of our learners to communicate, and express and understand feelings. It also supports child’s thinking ability and helps them develop and maintain relationships. Language development lays the foundation for the reading and writing skills in learners as they enter and progress through school.
Our educators help to boost learner’s communication skills:
• Talk about the day's activities.
• Talk about the books that educators and learners read together.
• Keep books, magazines, and other reading material where kids can reach them without help.
• educators read alphabet books or other books that work on listening skills.
• Use alphabet puzzles.
• Children love music, so singing the alphabet song is great.
• Watch The Letter Factory DVD introduce children to the alphabet.
Children acquire language through interaction - not only with their parents and other adults but also with other children. All normal children who grow up in normal households, surrounded by conversation, will acquire the language that is being used around them.
Some literacy activities are done by educators.
• One of the most important literacies activities are reading with learners
• Fine Motor Practice. ..
• Listening to Stories. ..
• Puppets. ..
• Play. ..
• Matching Letters and Sounds.
Thus language is gaining more importance and is becoming widely used, thus its value and importance can’t be denied.